To be a world class Centre of excellence for the development of the individual and society
“To provide and promote qualitative, innovative and stimulating teaching, learning and research environment to enable individuals develop their full potentials for efficient, effective, dedicated and selfless service to the State, the Nation and Humanity”.
We stand for:
- Self-Discipline for actualization and positive contribution to the society.
- Integrity by holding members of the University community to the highest level of honesty, fairness, professional and scholarly ethics.
- Resourcefulness for focused contributions to the State and national growth and development.
- Quality for excellence by exacting standards, appreciating high aspirations and achievements and expecting all persons associated with the University to strive for excellence.
- Service to oneself, family, community, State, Nation and the world at large.
- Innovativeness and Creativity for high productivity.
Philosophy and Objectives
- To encourage and promote the advancement of learning and hold out to all persons without distinction of race, creed, sex, religious or political conviction the opportunity of acquiring a University Education.
- To provide courses of instruction and other facilities and to make those facilities for the pursuit of learning in all its branches and to make those facilities available on proper terms to such person as are equipped to benefit from them;
- To provide ready access for Nasarawa State indigenes to higher education
- To encourage and promote scholarship and conduct research in all field of learning and human endeavour;
- To relate its courses to the social, cultural and economic needs of the people of Nasarawa State; and
- To undertake any other courses appropriate for a University of the highest standard
In Nasarawa State University, Keffi, we have a CULTURE of:
Commitment to knowledge
Team work and Team Spirit
Utmost Good Faith
Respect for the Rule of Law